Sunday, January 2, 2011

1.1.11

...this is me taking a golf swing and saying here goes nothing to myself...  
(same thing my dad did as my mom started walking down the aisle for their wedding... they are still married...)

S:  Read Gen chapters 1-4... crazy how much stuff happens in the first 4 chapters of the Bible... God creates everything...  my favorite passage was Gen 4:7 " if you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."  powerful pondering point of the day.
P:  I actually ate 3 meals today (I've been known to skip some secondary to being busy and forgetting), and only consumed 1 soda... props to me
C:  Sonja (my older sister) has wanted to make a crazy quilt for a long time and I also added it to my '30 by 30' list (I'll share that another day)... so yesterday was a crazy start of 2011 with the making of a crazy quilt.  It isn't easy for me to mix so many colors/ patterns/ etc together... nothing was purchased for it, just scraps from my mom's stash and from my own stash (some of them I have horded- like the pink wood grain print... love that one)... but I did it... with my own flare of putting a border around it for calming reasons... but I really like how it's turning out... almost complete just have to tie it together and it will go in my car for hope to use on a random picnic someday... 
so the picture(s) of the day are:

Me and my quilt...

Sonja and her 'super woman cape' I mean quilt top...


until tomorrow...
xoxo, HH

No comments:

Post a Comment