Sunday, April 10, 2011

9th of April 2011

S: Leviticus 19

P:  went to the gym early... with Evie... and was thinking I'd do about a 5k... (especially since she gets so board)... but she suggested 7 miles... and I went with it for a few reasons:
           the weekend is for your *long* run... 7 is the longest distance ever ran...
           7 miles is what the Bay 2 Breakers run is about....
           she asked me 'how long' around 2.5 miles... and I was feeling good
           I had no where I had to be... and was thinking of the guilt free day that would come after this
           I thought I could so I did....

lessons learned from the run...
  ..... if the sister who challenges you hasn't got the proper equipment on .... it might not be a good idea... especially if she is competitive.... and wants to finish first.... I was running to "walking on broken glass" and she was feeling like she was.... ouch!.... body glide is a lifesaver... if you forget your water bottle in the car, go out and get it.... run walk run with a few challenges thrown in like 1 mile non-stop... or 1/4 mile sprint... speeds the time up...  and pack some food for after the run (grapes, oranges, gatorade)... but most of all what I learned is 7 miles is doable... and feels good... and its 1/2 way to a 1/2... SWEET!

C: today I had a lot of outfits... pj's. gym. fashion show. ranch (sheep work). to the parents for dinner. then home. which means lots of laundry & shoes.
fancy footwear.
Good thing I have plenty of options & am able to dress each part. (PS... love my new OPI nail color... break a leg warmer... its gray goodness)
another great day.

xoxo, HH

No comments:

Post a Comment